Tuesday 13 April 2010

Getting back to it!

Dear All

Have recently started a new job and textiles has had to take a back seat for a while. Having put some work into the Night and Day exhibition in Braintree Museum last week I am feeling fired up and trying to get back in the swing so thought I would look up Owen Jones project for inspiration for a new project. Feeling a bit isolated at the moment cos I can;t get to any classes or meetings so thought the blog would be a good way of talking to other textilers!
So I had better get on! Any contact with what you are all doing will be greatly appreciated and I will try to get back to you.

Thanks, Fran

1 comment:

  1. Hi nice to see a name I recognise, you may not remember me though. You were studying for the OPUS degree course at the same time as me. A group of us got together at one of the summer schools in the bar, I think you were also in the print class and your sister was also on the course! That's as far as my memory goes. I have started the OJ project, I am more or less repeating some of his designs in stitch. I found it quite difficult to interpret these fantastic designs into something other than what they are.I was given the Grammar of Ornament many years ago, I just started by going into it and drawing or painting some of the designs. Not terribly ground breaking stuff. Would be good to hear from you. Caroline

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.