Tuesday 20 April 2010

lindyrees

I am a very recent member of ERTF. I would like to exhibit with the Owen Jones project. I have bought numerous copies of 'the grammar of ornament' for my school department over the years so I am familiar with this publication.

I feel like doing a column - a pillar of progress - if you like, based on the victorian anthropological notions of 'the progress of civilisation' - like an archaeological dig going down the layers to the 'primitive'. I have an MA in anthropology so, clearly, I don't share the notion of 'primitive'! But the eclecticism of this would be so very not Owen Jones as he abhored eclecticism.

As a practical consideration I may well not have the time to complete such an ambitious project.

These are my thoughts so far. I have not done any prep, design or development work yet.

Lindy Rees (Cambridge)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.